About Me

My photo
Secret Harbour, WA, Australia
You might guess...I love cats! I have been married for 28 years and have two older children(16 & 23). We have two cats. A rag doll named Zorro and a ginger boy named Oscar. I have been quilting for 24 years and have just started scrapbooking and card making. After so long quilting, delving into the world of scrapbooking is quite different and I have alot to learn. I do enjoy using all the different papers and seeing all the colours come together. I would love it if you would like to leave a comment and maybe even join as a follower. I look forward to hearing from you and to following your blogs too.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Aunty Ivy's Quilt


I have just been up to Perth to visit my Aunty who is a fantastic 86 year old. She has led an active life which includes playing championship bowls and is really great for her age. She has always been my favourite aunt. She was my Mum's older sister by seven years and they were very close. Aunty Ivy looked after my sister and I quite often and we loved going to her house where she spoiled us rotten! Aunty Ivy hurt her hip on the bowling green a couple of months ago whilst showing someone some technique of other and hasn't been that well since. So I decided to give her this quilt I made while I was away at a quilt camp a couple of weeks ago. She loved it! I told her she must make sure she uses it and throw it in the washing machine whenever she wants to because I have machine pieced and machine quilted it. I usually hand quilt so the machining was quite an experience for me!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. Good luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland! Love your aunts quilt, can imagine how delighted she was too! Delightful cards, so cute! Hope you enjoy playing with your blog, I'm also new to this "world" of technology finding it great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute blog welcome... followed you over from Lurlines.... love to see what you are up too..
    i tried starting a blog and then i stop.... i hope you will get me going again...
    thanks ter

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lucky aunt!!! gorgeous+!!
    Welcome to bloggyville...the most friendly place on earth!!! trouble is, sometimes you can get so caught up in it, that you don't get much else done!!!! hehehe. ....but, it is very friendly and very inspirational!! I came over via lurline's blog and I'm sure many others will too!
    sugary hugs
    Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt and I's sure Aunt Ivy loves it! Hope she's doing a bit better and keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete