About Me

My photo
Secret Harbour, WA, Australia
You might guess...I love cats! I have been married for 28 years and have two older children(16 & 23). We have two cats. A rag doll named Zorro and a ginger boy named Oscar. I have been quilting for 24 years and have just started scrapbooking and card making. After so long quilting, delving into the world of scrapbooking is quite different and I have alot to learn. I do enjoy using all the different papers and seeing all the colours come together. I would love it if you would like to leave a comment and maybe even join as a follower. I look forward to hearing from you and to following your blogs too.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Finally 50, now I'll work backwards.




It seems that all I have done is eat lately. Yes, I am now 50. I have enjoyed two birthday lunches. The first on my actual birthday at sewing and as you can see there was so much yummy food. Even a white chocolate birthday cake. Then a couple of days later we went into Fremantle to Sandrino's and had lunch with the family. I have been sewing though! I have now sandwiched my candlewicking quilt which is huge and weighs a ton. I have started machine quilting it and am also hand quilting a feather pattern in all the corners of the blocks. There are 35, 16inch blocks so I have worked out that there will be 140 feather patterns to quilt. I will have a photo next post for you to see. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to quilt. I'd like to have it finished before summer. It is so big, I'd never be able to sit under it to quilt. We have decided to move, so now we are going to start painting. I was hoping to get the quilt done before the house goes up for sale, but I'm sure I can't get it finished by then. I was thinking though, that if I finish all the machine quilting and bind it, my hand quilting can just be a work in progress while the quilt is kept on the bed. Now that sounds possible! Until next time, bye for now, Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment