About Me

My photo
Secret Harbour, WA, Australia
You might guess...I love cats! I have been married for 28 years and have two older children(16 & 23). We have two cats. A rag doll named Zorro and a ginger boy named Oscar. I have been quilting for 24 years and have just started scrapbooking and card making. After so long quilting, delving into the world of scrapbooking is quite different and I have alot to learn. I do enjoy using all the different papers and seeing all the colours come together. I would love it if you would like to leave a comment and maybe even join as a follower. I look forward to hearing from you and to following your blogs too.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Laugh, Love, Live, Be Happy.

This is my favourite block of a nine patch quilt I am making. I've done seven blocks so far and have really enjoyed making them. Next week I will be 50 and thinking about the words on this block made me think that perhaps if we could try and do these things more often life would be pretty good wouldn't it? I've spent the weekend going through old photos to scrapbook. I came across a few of me at 16, yes I was so slim and a couple of John, yes he had hair, long and curly. The kids marvelled at that revelation. But thinking about the last 34 years together, I thought about all the ups and downs of life, sad losses, a tragic loss of a family member, good times and of course the birth of our great kids and thought how so much has happened and I will continue to laugh, love, live, be happy and most of all grow old gracefully - hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Happy "early" birthday! Darling quilt block, know why it is your favorite! Sounds like you have the best outlook on life...and the "sunshine & shadows" of former years have blessed you! Kitties are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy 50th, my is Feb next year and yes you are so right.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete