About Me

My photo
Secret Harbour, WA, Australia
You might guess...I love cats! I have been married for 28 years and have two older children(16 & 23). We have two cats. A rag doll named Zorro and a ginger boy named Oscar. I have been quilting for 24 years and have just started scrapbooking and card making. After so long quilting, delving into the world of scrapbooking is quite different and I have alot to learn. I do enjoy using all the different papers and seeing all the colours come together. I would love it if you would like to leave a comment and maybe even join as a follower. I look forward to hearing from you and to following your blogs too.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Teddy Tote Bag






Teddies, teddies, teddies! I'm doing different colours on each pocket. Isn't this a beautiful Sue Box design? I think I need to buy her whole C.D. I was lucky enough to find this pattern as a free design on a machine embroidery web site, but now I want more as her patterns are so pretty. I am changing the pockets though as I have machine embroidered the teddies. I hope my Tote ends up looking as nice as the one in the photo in the magazine. I always have great ideas but then the finished project doesn't look as good as the original. Oh well, it's fun trying! I am using alot of Bali fabrics which were sent to me by my good friend Wendy who lives in Ohio, America. We have been email "pen pals" for about 14 years now. Doesn't time fly? It really doesn't seem that long, except that I remember my son David was two when we started emailing and now he is 16, so that's how we work out how long we've been friends. It is school holidays here so I'm not getting alot done, although David sleeps till 11am so I have all morning to do things. Today we are going to my nephews' for lunch.........but I'm not looking forward to driving there in all this rain. The weather here is quite bad and there is a road weather alert out. Yuk!


2 comments: